We offer a filter refurbishment services where the following procedures are carried out:
- Isolate and drain the filters and remove / dispose of the existing media, via skip.
- Inspect the internal surfaces, collection and distribution systems. In the case of steel filters, the internal surface (above the collection system) to be shot-blasted to SA 2.5 quality, followed by the application of a high build, solvent free epoxy, to a minimum thickness of 1000 microns.
- Replace the filter collection and distribution systems if required.
- Load the filters with new filtration media.
- Refit covers.
- Following prolonged backwashing (in conjunction with the plant operator) the filters to be re-commissioned.
In order to comply with current Health & Safety legislation, (with respect to confined space access) it will be necessary to replace the existing low level sand removal hatches with larger access hatches.
Christleton High School - Case study on the filter refurbishment carried out at Christleton High School.